Managing BDC Appointments
BDC Appointments should be managed on a daily basis. This could include updating the show and sold status, reassigning appointments, editing an existing appointment, deleting duplicate appointments, and/or rescheduling appointments. All of these functions are performed through the Opportunity Management Log.
2. From the BDC Central menu, choose Logs and then Opportunity Management.
2. This will open the BDC appointment log. There are several ways to filter/sort the appointments you want to view. The default view is all appointments scheduled for today. You have primary and secondary filters, a slide bar, a search box, and column sorting to make displaying the appointments you want to view easy. You can use no filter/sort options or a combination of filter/sort options to display appointments.
Let’s start with primary filters, found in the top right corner of the screen. Primary filters will remain in place with any and all secondary filters/sorting used.
- Type = Sales, Service, or Sales & Service
- Dealership = Individual Dealerships or all (no selection needed if all is desired)
- User = Individual User or all (no selection needed if all is desired)
- Timeframe = Appointment date range
Select Apply when done.
3. Secondary filters and column sorting allow you to further refine displayed appointments.
- Brand = Manufacturer Brand or Preowned
- Orig Lead Source = Customer Lead Source
- Activity = Customer Communication Type
- Details = Fresh, Initial, Confirmed, Rescheduled, Reassigned, T/O
- Status = Show and Sold Status
Select Apply when done.
Search Bar = Type text to search any appointment information. In this example, typing “text” brings up appointments where “Text2Drive” was the Marketing Tool.
The search bar will quickly filter displayed appointments and provide a short list that meets the search criteria.
By Appt Date = Display appointments for the date range they are scheduled to show
By Activity Date = Display appointments made by BDRs during a date range
Select the appropriate group of appointments to display.
You may sort each column A to Z or Z to A by clicking on the ^ next to the column heading.
Once you have used the filter/sort options to display the appointments you want to manage, you’re now ready to update appointment show and sold status, reassign appointments, edit an existing appointment, delete duplicate appointments, and/or reschedule appointments. See these additional articles for more details:
How to Update Appointment Show and Sold Status
How to Reassign Appointments
How to Edit an Existing Appointment
How to Delete an Appointment
How to Reschedule an Appointment