The Purpose of this article is to explain the information found in the Failed Call report.
Failed calls are defined as follows:
To access the Failed Call report, from the Menu Navigation Bar, click on Failed Calls. For BDC Central users, select Call Management then select Failed Calls.
The Failed Call report automatically populates data for the past 30 days. Filtering can be adjusted by clicking on Filters in the upper right corner of the page.
Filters consist of the following options for selection:
- Type (Sales, Service, Status Check, Parts, Unknown Call type, All)
- Tracking line
This report displays by default ALL calls during ALL business hours. To view the data during Standard Business hours, click on the Standard Business Hours toggle.
Standard Business Hours are Monday-Friday; 9:00 am - 6:00 pm. Note, this feature cannot be customized.
The top row of the Failed Call Report includes the following Data
- Failed Calls - Total number of failed inbound calls
- Failed Rate - % of Failed Calls compared to total calls tracked
- Unanswered - Total number of calls that were not answered
- IVR/Voicemail - Total number of calls that went to voicemail through IVR and no message was left
- Hold Time - Total number of calls that were lost or abandoned while on hold
- Ring Transfer - Total number of calls that were lost or abandoned during a ring transfer
Data with hyperlinking to Call Log are indicated by the hyperlink symbol next to the value.
Note: Failed Call Rate is calculated as follows:
#Failed Calls/Total Tracked Calls
The next section displays the following graphs:
Failed Calls - Compares total failed calls and failed call rate by specific days
Failed Call Type - Pie graph shows the occurrence of each failed call type as a % of total failed calls.
Failed Calls By Days of the Week - Compares total failed calls and failed call rate by days of the week. This graph helps to identify days of the week that have a higher occurrence of failed calls.
Failed Calls By Hour - Compares total failed calls and failed call rate by each hour of the day. This graph helps to identify if there are specific hours of the day that have a higher occurrence of failed calls.
Failed Calls by Tracking Line is reported in a table view at the bottom of the report. This section of the report can be exported to Excel using the Export to Excel button located just above the table.
The purpose of this information is to help identify failed calls by type for each active tracking lines, the number of failed calls for each tracking line by type and the lost revenue from failed calls.
The following data is reported in this table:
- Tracking Line (Name)
- Tracking Number
- Calls - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- Failed Calls - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- Failed Call Rate
- Unanswered - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- IVR/Voicemail Abandon - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- Hold-time Abandon - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- Ring Transfer Abandon - Data hyperlinked to Call Log
- Lost Revenue Impact
Refer to the following article to learn more about setting up failed call email notifications: